Last night, courtesy of the inimitable Jasmin Way, I attended my first ever NY Fashion Week event—the Anna Sui show.
Of course, Kelly Osbourne was there. Which is, you know, NOT COOL because I had the name first.
Anyway, here are some general observations re Fashion:
- There is a great deal of milling about in Fashion. In fact, the majority of the experience—like, first 20-30 minutes we were there—involves idly gazing at millers-abouters on the runway.
- Thankfully, the runway was covered with a tarp so that no millers-abouters inadvertently scuffed the surface.
- When the tarp comes up and the fashion show finally does start, it only lasts 15 minutes. Tops.
- But it’s pretty gorgeous in the meantime.
- Anna Sui’s spring 2011 line can best be described as: Flapper Seventies. Or, as Sara and I worked out, “Bohemian Prohibition.”
- Models really are quite pretty.